Division 4 - Clubs
Cross Hill Park
2nd XI Contact:
01524 61785 07548 204333
2nd XI Contact:
It was only a Bare's tale.
Bare Cricket Club was formed in 1948 as part of Morecambe CC and played friendly matches at Woodhill Lane, Morecambe until 1952 before moving to Turners Field, adjacent to Morecambe High School. A nomadic existence in the early sixties followed as the club sought a permanent home ground settling at Cross Hill Park on the boundary between Morecambe & Lancaster in 1964. In the space of some 18 months the pasture meadow was transformed into a cricket ground with the levelling of the outfield and the laying of a 1600 sq yard cricket square. A three roomed pavilion was obtained from a farmer at Silverdale and transported to Cross Hill Park and erected ready for the start of the 1965 season. In 1972 a licensed bar was installed and a 2nd XI was formed. The club is run on an entirely voluntary basis and fund raising is important in helping the club to progress. Over the years the ground has been extended and the present pavilion was constructed in 1978 having been purchased from Heysham Harbour were it was in use as a restaurant. The present pavilion has undergone several refurbishments and the club continues to look to improve facilities each year. 2003 saw the installation of the £9000 artificial all weather pitch which is used on practice nights and for mid-week matches. The clubhouse is open most nights throughout the season and there is always a convivial atmosphere for members and guests to enjoy a chat and a pint. Bare are members of the Westmorland Cricket League Div.1 & 3 and are hosts to teams from the Lancaster & District Mid Week League. Bare are also a registered Community Amateur Sports Club and are affiliated to the Cumbria Cricket Association. We are looking forward to a competative 2013 season with improved Tuesday night pracise sessions (6.30-8.30) and the new changing room extensions/showers
Westmorland Cricket League newsletter
Keep up-to-date with our exclusive email newsletters.